Robert Tercek, tech conference speaker chats to @muthur9000 Clara Fei-Fei about Hybrid World Adelaide an exciting world conference on Technology and the Future of AI.
Mr Robert Tercek is a digital pioneer and one of the world’s most prolific creators of interactive content. He has created breakthrough entertainment experiences on every digital platform, including television, game consoles, broadband Internet, interactive television and mobile networks. His expertise spans media, telecommunications and software. The author of Vaporized: Solid Strategies for Success in a Dematerialized World, Robert is a sought after creative strategist, speaker and innovation expert. Digital Media Wire named him one of ‘25 Executives to Watch’ in 2009, and Variety dubbed him one of the ‘Digital Dozen’ most influential players in new media. – Meet the Mentors, HWA
If you enjoy our content please 👍🏼 like, 💯 rate, 🙌 share and ✅ subscribe to stay up to date and show your support!
✨ Please consider becoming part of our Patreon community, gain access to exclusive content!
💚 For other ways to support our channel head to https://yutani.studio/support-yutani/ or to leave a one-time donation please send it to PayPal.Me/StudioYutani
You can subscribe to Yutani Podcast on: 🎧 Spotify open.spotify.com/show/796ryGWmYA7STOdsT1Dihx | 🎧 iTunes https://itunes.apple.com/au/podcast/yutani-podcast/id1363708442 | 🎧 Podbean yutanipodcast.podbean.com/ | 🎧 Soundcloud soundcloud.com/yutanipodcast | 📼 YouTube http://www.youtube.com/c/studioyutani | 👾 Twitch https://www.twitch.tv/muthur9000
👾 🖥 🤖 🚀 🛰 Y U T A N I “Sharing our love for Alien, AI, Robotics, Scifi and technology, forming a community built on mutual respect, supporting artists, building a better fandom”
🖤 Yutani is a fan community project, spanning all types of social media. We aim to unite the fans and share our love for all things Alien, AI, Robotics, Scifi and Technology.
We talk about:
- Hybrid World Adelaide, how the world’s highest speed internet gave birth to this expo with the newest technologies, coding, game design, drone racing, robotics.
- Weekend-long boot camp with local and external experts to help tech startups.
- A tech conference that will showcase the latest technologies that will change the way we live.
- Lazy journalism, irresponsible media representation of tech futures.
- Demystifying technologies and educating the public about AI and Robotics.
- “Technological leaders” Elon Musk, Stephen Hawking and Bill Gates recklessly misinform the public about general AI.
- Science fiction for entertainment but not accurate portrayal and facts.
- Keynote speech by Prof Genevive Bell called Designing wonder in the age of artificial intelligence.
Thirty years ago, Professor Genevieve Bell left Australia to study anthropology in America. That journey took her to the heart of Silicon Valley, where she pioneered futurist research at Intel, looking at how different cultures use technology. Now she’s returned home with an urgent conversation about the role of technology in building our future, and what it means to be human, and Australian, in a digital world. – ABC
- Dr Philip Alveda will be talking about how to make trustworthy machines.
- Marita Cheng developed RoboGals promoting the education of girls in the field of robotics, who also developed a telepresence robot.
- Adelaide Smart City Project update and what technological integration can do for us.
- Establishing a Space Mission Control in Adelaide and the promotion of privatised space and technologies.
- Autonomous vehicles.
- Bigger than Australia, going global with technology.
- And funding and grants to grow jobs and help innovate Australia’s budding space industry.
- Utilizing the closed Auto industrial plants for robot manufacture and much more.
- The ambiguity of Androids in Alien, good robots in Star Wars.
- Golem and Metropolis, the first depictions of Robots in film.
The Golem (1920, Ger.) (aka Der Golem) directed by Paul Wegener
He directed three influential adaptations of the Golem legend by Gustav Meyrinck:
Der Golem (1914, Ger.) (aka The Monster of Fate)
Der Golem Und Die Tanzerin (1917, Ger.) (aka The Golem and the Dancer) – notably the first horror film sequel
Der Golem (1920, Ger.) (aka The Golem: or How He Came Into the World), with Karl Freund as cinematographer
The first expressionistic film was based upon Central European myths and influenced later ‘Frankenstein’ monster films in the early 1930s with themes of a creator losing control of his creation. The Golem, played by Wegener himself, was an ancient clay figure from Hebrew mythology that was brought to life by Rabbi Loew’s magic amulet to defend and save the Jews in 16th century Prague from a pogrom threatened by Rudolf II of Habsburg.
The giant man-made, clay creature roamed and lumbered through the Jewish ghetto of medieval Prague to protect it from persecution.
Robots in Film, AMC Filmsite
- Robot villains that sell in Hollywood.
- Increasing productivity and wages.
- Embracing the technological Future.