I met up with Tristan at B.Lucky & Sons in Melbourne Central. He’s one of a few Alien people in Melbourne and it was lovely to catch up with him outside of his work.
Listen to our latest Creatives interview with Tristan Jones, comic artist for Aliens: Defiance and Aliens: Resistance.
👾 🖥 🤖 🚀 🛰 Y U T A N I
“Sharing our love for Alien, AI, Robotics, Scifi and technology, forming a community built on mutual respect, supporting artists, building a better fandom”
🖤 Yutani is a fan community project, spanning all types of social media. We aim to unite the fans and share our love for all things Alien, AI, Robotics, Scifi and Technology.
🗣 Yutani Discord bit.ly/2QIzei1 | 📓 Tumblr bit.ly/2SC49tx | 📷 Instagram bit.ly/2PqcgaU | 🔺 Reddit bit.ly/2BXjyPE
- Tristan spoke candidly about his battle with depression. If you think you ever felt or feel this way, please seek out help through family, friends or Beyond Blue. You are not alone.
- Tristan and I lamented the fact that the guns on the Alien game were not ‘pulse rifles’
- Tristan’s Art vs Artist post.
- Tristan’s alternate cover design for Aliens Resistance.
- Tristan’s WIP for The Predator.
- Sneak peak at the creative process of designing a cover.
- Some cover art by Tristan.
- Side-by-side comparison of linework vs coloured.
- Original linework for Aliens Resistance cover by Tristan.
- Tristan’s rendition of the Neomorph.
- Aliens Defiance Concept art and other various Alien Universe characters.