This is a spoiler filled analysis of the series, please stop and watch the episode before proceeding.
You can find Connor’s podcasts on Travian Designs
You can follow the discussion of Raised by Wolves on the AvP Galaxy forum or at the Origae-6 Facebook Group
- Ridley Scott’s focus on pioneers of space with the Mithraics and the Aetheists colonising Kepler 22b
- Opening sequence aesthetic is reminiscent stylistically of Metropolis and 2001 A Space Odyssey
- The design of Mother came from a statue in Rockerfella Plaza.
- The landing sequence is just about the same as the one from Prometheus.
- Soundtrack for DARK Netflix
- The planet Kepler 22b is an actual planet obriting a sun like star in the habitable zone 180 parsecs from Earth.
- Dawn of Man from 2001: A Space Odyssey: Similarities are the bones, rock, trees and desert.
- Trees are Aloe Dichotoma
- The androids were dressed in latex to imitate naked Adam and Eve.
- The crops were already present when they arrived on the planet, it reminds me of the part in Alien Covenant when they arrive on Planet 4 they observe wheat growing in a field. And Charlie Holloway’s comment in Prometheus “God doesn’t build in straight lines”
- The cg for the UI in the pod is quite good.
- Father tells a joke similar to the Walter Model in Alien: Covenant.
- Crop circle farming
- Mother with pipes giving the embryo’s nutrients is similar to the Engineer in the hypersleep chamber in Prometheus.
- The only reference I could find for the 6th son is in the bible.
- Tally falls into a hole just like this lady here while distracted
Mother’s Banshee scream supposedly herald the death of a family member.
- At -6:11 she freezes the door on the Mithraic ship and punches through it.
It may be a homage to Stanley Kubrick’s The Shining
Eye scanning in movies
- Star Trek II: Wrath of Khan (1982)
- Blade Runner (1982)
- Never Say Never Again (1983)
- Demolition Man (1993)
- Mission Impossible II (2000)
- Minority Report (2002)
- X-Men (2003)
- RED (2010)