Today we are covering two episodes instead of one. This is a spoiler filled analysis of the series, please stop and watch the episodes before proceeding.
You can find Connor’s podcasts on Travian Designs
Episode 2 Pentagram
After her confrontation with Marcus and the Mithraic, Mother takes five of their Earth-born children to live on the settlement; as she and Father attempt to put the shaken newcomers at ease, Marcus struggles to survive alone on Kepler-22b.
- The episode 2 starts with a flashback on Earth Boston 2145
- The mercenary/soldiers are under attack by the Necromancers
- Two soldiers rescue a medic robot (A-Class) which bears some resemblance to the damaged Terminator
The screen on the robot shows the following images
- The mercenaries(aethiest soldiers) take the identities of the Mithraic family
Francis Bacon, who’s work Three Studies for Figures at the Base of a Crucifixion inspired the design of the Chestburster in Alien 1979 also painted an inversion of Cimabue‘s Santa Croce Crucifix
- Green Lazer Sight
- Boiling pot on the stove
Did you know? Hampton Fancher originally planned for Blade Runner (2019) opening scene to have a boiling pot of soup cooking but was cut from it because they didn’t have the budget.
The Mithraics line up for the lift to get on the Ark is visually similar to Fritz Lang’s Metropolis when the factory workers are lining up to go on the lift.
The liver is the only visceral organ that possesses the capacity to regenerate. The liver can regenerate after either surgical removal or after chemical injury. It is known that as little as 51% of the original liver mass can regenerate back to its full size.Liver regeneration
Did you know? After you donate, your liver function returns to normal in two to four weeks, and your liver will slowly regrow to nearly its full original size in about a year.After you donate, your liver function returns to normal in two to four weeks, and your liver will slowly regrow to nearly its full original size in about a year. – live liver donation
- Mother blindfolds herself after ‘carrying out judgement’ on the Mithraics, visually similar to Lady Justice
- The decapitated android in the shed bears reseblance to Kane from Alien but the decapitation is akin to that of Ash
- Going with the themes of Prometheus the myth Father hands Campion flint to start a fire.
- Mother gathers the Mirthraic pendants from the children, symbolising taking their faith away much like David 8 did to Shaw in Prometheus.
Episode 3 Virtual Faith
When the Mithraic kids fall sick, Campion suspects Mother is poisoning them and plans an escape; as Mother and Father try to prove their good intentions, Marcus and Sue work to convince the other surviving Mithraic to mobilize a rescue party.
- Mother unceremoniously announces Tempest’s pregnancy
- She tells the story of the Three Little Pigs after telling the children that with enough preparation they could take on any threat.
Did you know? “The Three Little Pigs” was included in The Nursery Rhymes of England (London and New York, c. 1886), by James Halliwell-Phillipps. The story in its arguably best-known form appeared in English Fairy Tales by Joseph Jacobs, first published on June 19, 1890, and crediting Halliwell as his source. – The Three Little Pigs
- Hunter convinces Campion that Mother and Father are lying to him and the children to keep them from leaving the camp. Only Tempest believes theres a threat because the creature stalked her. Father produces a claw and gives it to Campion to prove there is a threat.
- Holly asks what Tempest is going to name the baby. Hunter suggests it should be Ottho after the cleric that raped her. Tempest coughs up blood.
- Marcus continues to remember/dream about his time in the sim with his family. Paul talks about the orphan boy in an empty land in the Pentagonal Prophecy.
- Mother attacks the Mithraic survivors and steals Omnibiotics from the crashed Ark.
“an orphan boy in a strange land will lead us to a city of peace”Mithraic Prophecy
- Campion tricks Father and traps him in the Carbos storage, allowing Campion and the children to escape.
- Campion feeds the children Serpent Heart which gives them a boost of energy.
- Hymn for the soulless is sung after Aethiest executions, the android sings it for her sister Voreena to signify nothing important was lost.
- Campion is attacked by one of the creatures and Father is able to capture it.
- Father is upset that he is of no use to the family, mother may dispose of him.
- Paul falls into a pit and is caught on a branch when he follow someone who looks like Tally, which he mistakes for Vita.